Date:	Mon, 9 Jun 2008 11:46:30 +0000 (GMT)
From:	Will C <willjcroz@...oo.co.uk>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Cc:	yorgasor@...il.com
Subject: Re: Better support for Delkin cardbus CF adapters -- IDE layer

( please CC me also )

I have the same Delkin 32-bit UDMA Cardbus to CF adpater also, (vid: 0x1145 pid: 0xf103)

The windows driver for it, supplied by Delkin is written by Workbit, it seems they make the bridge chip inside:

http://www.workbit.co.jp/products/utata.html

Google translation:

http://66.102.9.104/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.workbit.co.jp/products/utata.html

The contact form does not translate correctly and so it seems someone fluent in Japanese would be the best bet to approach Workbit for documentation/specification.

I have a brand new spare card here (with a Delkin 2GB 305x speed CF card in it) and am willing to send it to a kernel developer interested in working on a driver for it (Mark Lord?). Alternatively if anyone wants me to dump registers under Windows, test drivers etc I am prepared to put in the time to help in these ways. FWIW there seems to be a MacOSX driver available as well as a windows one according to the site.

This card is currently the fastest CF reader available (except for clumsy FireWire readers) and offers an ideal  way of adding a SSD to a laptop - since it is very fast (40MB/s) and could enable a laptop to run its OS from the Cardbus slot, leaving the the main HDD to be spun up whenever large amounts of data need to be accessed. There seems to be a lot 'DIY SSD' enthusiasts out there (like me) along with digital photographers who would make use of a driver for this card under Linux.

Please let me know if anyone is interested and I can help in any way.

Cheers,

Will Crozier