Date:	Wed, 11 Jun 2008 06:36:05 -0300
From:	Rogério Brito <rbrito@....usp.br>
To:	Ivo van Doorn <ivdoorn@...il.com>
Cc:	"John W. Linville" <linville@...driver.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, rbrito@....usp.br
Subject: Re: [2.6.26-rc4] Problems with rt2x00 USB interface on powerpc

Hi, Ivo and John.

I don't know if you received my earlier message.

On Jun 08 2008, Rogério Brito wrote:
> Correction here: I just went to the ia32 notebook again and, now, running
> Ubuntu's hardy kernel (which is a patched 2.6.24 kernel, AFAIK---yes, it
> is; just checked it) I could make the D-Link stick work fine.

The only problem that I had is that I had to reissue the command "iwconfig
wlan0 ap any" or, otherwise, the connection with the AP would be dropped (I
can get a log for you to peruse, if you wish).

> On Jun 09 2008, Ivo van Doorn wrote:
> > That is most unfortunate, since register dumps are usually most usefull
> > when I can compare the actual register values between a working and
> > non-working setup.  However I just realized I had a D-Link stick
> > myself, and apparently I have the exact same model/type. I'll compile a
> > 2.6.26-rc5 kernel and see if that stick works for me, if so, I have the
> > working register dump. And if not, then we can rule out endian
> > problems.

Oh, these endianness problems are a headache. I just fixed some in one
small program in lame (the MP3 compressor), but in the end, I finally
won. :-)

Anyway, did you have some time to check your D-Link stick? I am willing to
test more things or other kernel trees, if that is helpful to the project.

Regards, Rogério Brito.

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@...ckenzie,ime.usp}.br : GPG key 1024D/7C2CAEB8