Date:	Fri, 20 Jun 2008 18:22:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:	Mikulas Patocka <mpatocka@...hat.com>
To:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
cc:	sparclinux@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	agk@...hat.com
Subject: Re: stack overflow on Sparc64

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008, David Miller wrote:

> From: David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
> Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 14:44:24 -0700 (PDT)
>
>> I agree on both counts.  Although I'm curious what the average stack
>> frame sizes look like on x86_64 and i386, and also how this area
>> appears on powerpc.
>
> I also one to mention in passing that another thing we can do to
> help deep call stack sizes is to make call chains more tail-call
> friendly when possible.

... and remove -fno-optimize-sibling-calls?:

Makefile:
ifdef CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER
KBUILD_CFLAGS   += -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls
else
KBUILD_CFLAGS   += -fomit-frame-pointer
endif

--- maybe it could be better to remove it, instead of some inlining that I
made. Or do you see a situation when for debugging purpose, user would
want -fno-optimize-sibling-calls?

Mikulas