Date:	Sat, 21 Jun 2008 08:07:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:	Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@...idpixels.com>
To:	submit@...s.debian.org
cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: irqbalance silently dies [2.6.25.7] / Debian (testing) / kernel or
 irqbalance issue?

Package: irqbalance
Version: 0.55-2.1
Architecture: x86 (not using 64bit)
CPU: E6700
Debian: Testing (Lenny)

CC'd LKML for ideas as well incase this is a kernel issue, please remove
submit@...s.debian.org if you reply to this/me, thank you.

My .config is attached (I am running kernel 2.6.25.7)

Problem: I run IRQ balance at boot and I do not use --one-shot and it silently
dies like the problem this person reported here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-rc@lists.debian.org/msg111221.html

I also run irqbalance on two other hosts and it has no problem on them, but
those are 64bit machines w/64bit Debian (amd64+64bit kernel).

$ cat /etc/default/irqbalance
#Configuration for the irqbalance daemon

#Should irqbalance be enabled?
ENABLED=1
#Balance the IRQs only once?
ONESHOT="0"

If I manually start it up (after it has died, it runs for a while (minutes)
and then it dies again.

What is the root cause of this bug?

Justin.
Download attachment "config-2.6.25.7.bz2" of type "APPLICATION/octet-stream" (7477 bytes)