Date:	Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:27:29 -0700
From:	Stephen Neuendorffer <stephen.neuendorffer@...inx.com>
To:	"Adrian Bunk" <bunk@...nel.org>, "Michal Simek" <monstr@...nam.cz>
CC:	<linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>, <arnd@...db.de>,
	<linux-arch@...r.kernel.org>, "John Linn" <linnj@...inx.com>,
	<john.williams@...alogix.com>, <matthew@....cx>,
	<will.newton@...il.com>, <drepper@...hat.com>,
	<microblaze-uclinux@...e.uq.edu.au>, <grant.likely@...retlab.ca>,
	<linuxppc-dev@...abs.org>, <vapier.adi@...il.com>,
	<alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>, <hpa@...or.com>
Subject: RE: Microblaze init port v4

We're looking at putting a microblaze toolchain on git.xilinx.com, which
will be slightly easier than grabbing all of petalinux, if people just
want to compile test it.

At the moment, we would very much like to push the microblaze
architecture code to the gcc mainline.  I believe the main barrier is
that we don't have someone with the bandwidth to interact with the gcc
community at the moment, although hiring someone to work on it may be in
the works. (Anyone interested?)

Steve

linux-arch@...r.kernel.org; Stephen Neuendorffer;
> John Linn; john.williams@...alogix.com; matthew@....cx;
will.newton@...il.com; drepper@...hat.com;
> microblaze-uclinux@...e.uq.edu.au; grant.likely@...retlab.ca;
linuxppc-dev@...abs.org;
> vapier.adi@...il.com; alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk; hpa@...or.com
> Subject: Re: Microblaze init port v4
>
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 08:50:37PM +0200, Michal Simek wrote:
> > Hi Adrian,

> > > Thanks for your work on getting the architecture included.
> > >
> > > I have two questions:
> > >
> > > Where can I find a toolchain for compiling a Microblaze kernel?
> > I personally use petalogix toolchain from www.petalogix.com.
> >
> > > What is the status of Microblaze support in upstream binutils and
gcc?

> > I don't have any information about. We will discuss with John
Williams and guys