Date:	Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:43:06 +0200
From:	"stephane eranian" <eranian@...glemail.com>
To:	"Stephen Rothwell" <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [patch 05/19] perfmon2 minimal v2: X86 generic code

Stephen,

Ok, so I cloned your linux-next tree and ported by perfmon2 minimal patch
series to it. As you said, there was a handful of files which caused problems,
mostly because of x86 merge. But the net effect is that the series is now a bit
smaller. I tried some simple perfmon tests and they worked fine. I did not go
all the way to the patch which needed IPI (i.e. system-wide support).

However I had problems with this tree and my Broadcom BMC5754 network
card. It was not recognized by the tg3 driver so hard to use this kernel.