Date:	Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:09:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:	Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@...idpixels.com>
To:	crmotherboard@...lbox.intel.com,
	Jesse Barnes <jesse.barnes@...el.com>,
	Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@...el.com>
cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, lm-sensors@...sensors.org
Subject: Intel DG965WH / Case 745-44-22 (slow bios/upgrade) [UPDATE] / Intel,
 status of HECI support patch for the kernel?

Hello,

I have two revisions of the 965WH motherboard, one that supports dual-core
only and another quad-core.

I have an E6300 in the old one and a Q6600 in the new one with 4GiB and
8GiB of RAM respectively.

I would like to report a success and also a bug with BIOS 1738.

The success is this case can be resolved, the Linux/memory/mapping is
correct now and I no longer have to use mem="8832M" in my LILO
configuration to avoid the bios setting memory that is not cachable.

However, on my new revision 965WH (I did not check with my old motherboard),
that supports the quad-core CPU, I went into the BIOS and went to the
[Hard Disks] option and when I selected it, the part of the screen that should
update showing me the hard disks in the system was blank, I could not escape
out of the bios or go to another menu, I had to reboot to get back into the
bios.  This is not normal behavior, can someone at Intel attach 1-6 (I use 6)
WD Veliciraptor 300GiB drives to this motherboard to replicate the problem if
it is not obvious in the code/bios how to fix it?  I cannot view the hard disks in that menu, I believe its the 2nd or 3rd menu over when you initially enter
the BIOS.  I do not recall if this problem existed prior to 1738.

Also, people have e-mailed me in relation to my posts and I am curious as well
to follow up, when will the HECI/fan/voltage sensor support (that is a project
at Intel) be merged into the kernel tree so that lm sensors will eventually be
able to read these values?

This is from 2007:
http://softwareblogs.intel.com/2007/04/13/intel-me-interface-heci-now-available/

Their updated project page: