Date:	Mon, 14 Jul 2008 19:42:54 +0300
From:	Tziporet Koren <tziporet@....mellanox.co.il>
To:	Roland Dreier <rdreier@...co.com>
CC:	general@...ts.openfabrics.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [ofa-general] ***SPAM*** InfiniBand/RDMA merge plans for 2.6.27

Roland Dreier wrote:
> Core:
>
>  - I'm waiting to merge the RDMA_CM_EVENT_ADDR_CHANGE changes that
>    depend on core networking changes until such changes are upstream.
>    Or, please remind me when that happens.
>
>  - Jack's XRC patch set.  I think we're getting closer to converging
>    here, and I hope to get this merged but we're getting down to the
>    wire, so we'll see.

I hope we can get those in
> HW specific:
>
>  - Yevgeny's mlx4 changes.  We'll see how much time is left after I
>    get done with XRC (which is before this on my list) but to be
>    honest I'm not sure how mergeable a lot of this is without the
>    mlx4_en patches that actually use it.

We just posted the mlx4_en patches, and we need to coordinate the merge
of them together
>  - I've been working on memory management extensions support for mlx4,
>    but I'm not sure if it will be ready in time.  Firmware for this
>    may not be released for a while so it ain't urgent anyway.

We are testing the patches and we already have FW that enable them.
I agree its not urgent but it would be good to have it, so ULPs that are
interested can be tested over IB too.
> Here are a few topics that I believe will not be ready in time for the
> 2.6.27 window and will need to wait for 2.6.28 at least:
>
>  - Multiple CQ event vector support.  No one has convinced me that we
>    know how ULPs or userspace apps should decide which vector to use,
>    and hence little progress has been made since we deferred this
>    during the 2.6.23 merge window.

We should progress this one even if we missed 2.6.27, especially we need
it for RSS, and I know also RDS can gain from it.

Tziporet