Date:	Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:59:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>
cc:	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>, Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>,
	Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@...cle.com>,
Subject: Re: [GIT pull] timer updates for 2.6.27

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

> Please pull the latest timers/for-linus git tree from:
>
>    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip.git timers/for-linus
> Randy Dunlap (1):
>       acpi_pm clccksource: fix printk format warning

This just _adds_ a warning. I now get

drivers/clocksource/acpi_pm.c:231: warning: format ‘%04x’ expects type ‘unsigned int’, but argument 3 has type ‘long unsigned int’

Why? Because it only adds the (unsigned int) cast (which is wrong anyway -
ioports really should be long) to the ioport value, not 'base' is still
'unsigned long', and it removed the 'lx' from the latter too.

One clean fix is probably to just make pmtmr_ioport be of type 'unsigned
long'. It's the right thing from a portability angle anyway - even if no
architecture that uses ACPI will likely ever have ioports that are long
anyway.

The alternative - and probably better, but _much_ more intrusive - patch
is to make 'u32' just be 'unsigned int' on x86-32, along with making 'u64'
be 'unsigned long long' on x86-64, which would unify more types.

Anyway, I'm not fixing it right now, since it's unclear which way to go,
but this need to be fixed _some_ way.

		Linus