Date:	Fri, 18 Jul 2008 17:20:28 +0200
From:	Willy Tarreau <w@....eu>
To:	"Rodrigo Rubira Branco (BSDaemon)" <rbranco@...CHECKPOINT.COM>
Cc:	Greg KH <gregkh@...e.de>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	stable@...nel.org, greg@...ah.com,
	"'Justin Forbes'" <jmforbes@...uxtx.org>,
	"'Zwane Mwaikambo'" <zwane@....linux.org.uk>,
	"'Theodore Ts'o'" <tytso@....edu>,
	"'Randy Dunlap'" <rdunlap@...otime.net>,
	"'Dave Jones'" <davej@...hat.com>,
	"'Chuck Wolber'" <chuckw@...ntumlinux.com>,
	"'Chris Wedgwood'" <reviews@...cw.f00f.org>,
	"'Michael Krufky'" <mkrufky@...uxtv.org>,
	"'Chuck Ebbert'" <cebbert@...hat.com>,
	"'Domenico Andreoli'" <cavokz@...il.com>,
	torvalds@...ux-foundation.org, akpm@...ux-foundation.org,
	alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk, "'Alan Cox'" <alan@...hat.com>,
	caglar@...dus.org.tr, casey@...aufler-ca.com,
	spender@...ecurity.net, pageexec@...email.hu,
	rodrigo@...nelhacking.com
Subject: Re: [stable] Linux 2.6.25.10 (resume)

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 11:07:45AM -0300, Rodrigo Rubira Branco (BSDaemon) wrote:
> >getting very annoyed at people saying I am somehow doing the job I do
> >for free, on my own time, incorrectly,
> >
> >greg k-h
> >
> For free? Hum, let's forget that you work as a linux developer... we are
> also trying to contribute in some way for free...

Rodrigo, this type of personal comment is unjustified and very inappropriate
IMHO. It's not fair at all to judge people's personal involvement based on
whom they work for. If you'd work at nights and week-ends after your job to
backport bugfixes, you'd know what I'm talking about. BTW, one day you may
notice that the most personally involved ones *finally* get a job at a Linux
vendor's, and not the reverse.

So please take care of not dismissing what people do on their own time, and
try be kind enough to bring problems to them directly if any.

Thanks,
Willy