Date:	Fri, 18 Jul 2008 23:54:38 -0700
From:	"Justin Mattock" <justinmattock@...il.com>
To:	"Yinghai Lu" <yhlu.kernel@...il.com>
	"Jack Howarth" <howarth@...mo.msbb.uc.edu>
Subject: Re: macbook2,2 latest git mmconfig issues

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 10:54 PM, Justin Mattock
<justinmattock@...il.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 9:45 PM, Yinghai Lu <yhlu.kernel@...il.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 8:39 PM, Justin Mattock <justinmattock@...il.com> wrote:
>>> Hello;
>>> Well I couldn't really see what was happening
>>> until I could experience this myself;
>>> It seems the macbook pro ati chipset
>>> is having the same problem as jack was with mmconfig yesterday.
>>> I'm confused as to why my system was able to run this kernel(2.6.26.git1)
>>> without a problem, now after doing a reinstall of the operating system
>>> I am confronted with this same issue. How do I find the 0x3f number on
>>> my system,
>>> so I could plug that into the patch? to see if I can boot up
>>> Now keep in mind the only difference with this install is the
>>> installer took a dump
>>> therefore you have to manually install grub(could this be the source
>>> of the issue?)
>>> regards;
>>
>> can you disable ASPM in your config.?
>>
>> YH
>>

> I enabled and disabled in the pci section
> PCIEASPM still the same results.
> applied the patch as well i.g.
> mmconf_dmi_table
> going to try detect end_bus_number patch to
> see if it works
> --
> Justin P. Mattock

applied both patches and messed with boot options
but no go:
this is what I'm seeing
PCI: Fatal no config space access function found
ata-piix 0000:00:1f11 device not available
because of BAR0 [0xf0-0x1f7] collisions

interesting how this kernel was running fine, and then
BAM all of a sudden f*&^ed up, This tells me that this was something
happening a while ago, or always happening just not
noticed i.g. I plugged in 2.6.25-rc9(my favorite)
and it too was giving the same response.
after tracing back my steps the only application that might be causing
this or hiding this is grub but could be wrong.

any ideas or patches would be appreciated, until further
notice I'll be using osx until there is a
regards;   : (

--
Justin P. Mattock