Date:	Tue, 22 Jul 2008 21:35:28 +0200
From:	Rene Herman <rene.herman@...access.nl>
To:	Ondrej Zary <linux@...nbow-software.org>
CC:	Alan Cox <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>, Alan Cox <alan@...hat.com>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>, linux-ide@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: pata_it821x completely broken

On 22-07-08 21:16, Ondrej Zary wrote:

> On Tuesday 22 July 2008 20:10:22 Alan Cox wrote:

>> On the bright side that also allows us to implement a pata_mfm/rll
>> driver at last.
>
> I used to have an old drive that was something like that - 5.25"
> Seagate 40MB drive. I sold it including the controller a couple of
> years ago (it was still working) so no testing fun for me.

Looking at a Western Digital "FileCard 30" consisting of a Seagate
ST-125 and WDQC16 8-bit ISA controller. MFM I believe.

I put a sticker on it with: "io=0x320, irq=5, dma=3 615/4/26 (or 614)"

The thing has its own BIOS and if If I'm not mistaken it could only live
in an AT+ with all other drives in the BIOS turned of. This might mean
I'd be capable of testing it from a boot-floppy only but if you
desperately want a tester, I'll try to volunteer ;-)

I remember using DOS "debug" to jump into its BIOS low-level format
routine so I did get it doing something...

Rene.