Date:	Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:28:59 +1000
From:	Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>
To:	Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@...cle.com>
Cc:	linux-next@...r.kernel.org, LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Linus <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
Subject: Re: linux-next: Requirements and process

Hi Randy,

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:31:14 -0700 Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@...cle.com> wrote:

> > output from "git describe".  Alternatively, you can be based on another
> > tree in linux-next by using:
> >
> > # NEXT_BASE <name of a tree in linux-next>
>
> What do we use for BASE or NEXT_BASE if the base tree is linux-next?
> Just don't use these annotations?

The name from the Next/Trees file in any linux-next release.  You should
be very careful doing this if you don't control the other tree, though.
And you should let me know so that I can order the trees appropriately.

This was mainly added for Greg who has 4 quilt series in linux-next that
depend on each other.  If you depend on some random tree that changes day
to day your quilt series may no longer apply cleanly on top of it.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@...b.auug.org.au