Date:	Fri, 1 Aug 2008 00:17:27 +0200
From:	"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...k.pl>
To:	James Morris <jmorris@...ei.org>
Cc:	Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@...il.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, Eric Paris <eparis@...hat.com>,
	Stephen Smalley <sds@...ho.nsa.gov>
Subject: 2.6.27-rc1: strange fstab issue (Re: 2.6.27-rc1 + selinux new options = no httpd)

On Thursday, 31 of July 2008, James Morris wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jul 2008, Gene Heskett wrote:
>
> > >Which new options?
> >
> > Make xconfig-->security options:
> >
> > XFRM Networking security hooks
> >
> >  and several others just below it.  Unforch, I can't copy/paste the screen.
>
> I can't really imagine what that is (although if you enable the secmark
> controls under the main SELinux menu, which are disabled by default,
> there could be problems).

On a possibly related note, I've been observing a strange issue on one of
my test boxes with OpenSUSE 10.3 recently.   Namely, the fsck complains
that there's no passno value in the fstab, although it obviously is present.

Strangely enough, if the kernel is compiled with CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX unset,
the fsck doesn't complain about the missing passno field any more.

Thanks,
Rafael