Date:	Mon, 04 Aug 2008 19:58:32 -0400
From:	David Stuart <dstuart@...ers.com>
To:	Alan Cox <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>
CC:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Problems with disk + network on 2.6.25.11-60.fc8

Alan Cox wrote:
> That would be great - if it makes no difference, yet high network traffic
> is the key factor then it mostly eliminates bugs in the network drivers
> from suspicion. At that point its time to dig deeper into the chip config.

Hi Alan,

So I switched back to my old on-board network card (removing the prior
card altogether from the case). I tried my test-case, which involves
downloading some big files while simultaneously running a find command.

I *was* able to reproduce the issue fairly quickly.

The key difference is that this time I was using the skge kernel module
for networking. So, I tend to agree that it is most likely not a network
driver problem.

Please let me know if there is anything further I can do to assist in
debugging.

Thanks,
David

--
The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink
what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not.

Download attachment "smime.p7s" of type "application/x-pkcs7-signature" (3254 bytes)