Date:	Fri, 15 Aug 2008 17:01:02 +0200
From:	"Vegard Nossum" <vegard.nossum@...il.com>
To:	"Jason Wessel" <jason.wessel@...driver.com>
Cc:	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: -rc3-gb635ace: oops in kgdbts

Hi,

I gave -rc3-gb635ace a spin on my laptop, but it oopses, I think
somewhere in kgdb code. There were several backtraces, but I only got
the last one, and here's what I could write down in a hurry:

beyond end of test on 'singlestep_breakpoint_test' line 13
WARNING: drivers/misc/kgdbts.c:696

backtrace:

run_simple_test
kgdb_put_char
put_packet
kgdb_handle_exception
kgdb_notify
__die
die
do_page_fault
error_code
init_kgdbts

I'm sorry for the poor report; it happens before netconsole is up and
I have no serial port on the machine. I don't have a camera atm, nor
the time to reboot with delayed printk. I'll try some more later.

My config is defconfig + almost all debugging options + most other
scary options.

Thanks,

Vegard

--
"The animistic metaphor of the bug that maliciously sneaked in while
the programmer was not looking is intellectually dishonest as it