Date:	Wed, 20 Aug 2008 20:16:05 +0200
From:	Johannes Berg <johannes@...solutions.net>
To:	Takashi Iwai <tiwai@...e.de>
Cc:	linux-next@...r.kernel.org,
	Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>,
	Rusty Russell <rusty@...tcorp.com.au>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
	video4linux-list@...hat.com
Subject: Re: CONFIG_KMOD breakage in next kernel

Hi,

> I found that CONFIG_KMOD was already removed in linux-next tree.
> This seems to result in many breakages.  For example, I cannot mount a
> FAT device automatically because of failure of automatic loading of
> nls modules.

This is odd. I had posted a long series of patches removing all of the
users I had found (similar grep like the one you used), see
http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/7/9/150 for the whole thread.

For some reason, only seven of those eleven patches ended up in the
kernel, you had taken the alsa one and Rusty posted only six of them.

I'd hope that the patches posted at the URL above still apply, and I
sure intended the series to go in as posted with the removal of
CONFIG_KMOD coming last.

johannes

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (837 bytes)