Date:	Fri, 05 Sep 2008 13:37:31 +0200
From:	Tilman Schmidt <tilman@...p.cc>
To:	Matthew Wilcox <matthew@....cx>
CC:	Alan Stern <stern@...land.harvard.edu>, Greg KH <greg@...ah.com>,
	linux-usb@...r.kernel.org, bgmerrell@...ell.com,
	hirofuchi@...rs.sourceforge.net, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	usbip-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: USBIP protocol

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 15:48:02 -0600, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 04:15:39PM -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
[...]
>> It's referred to as SetPortFeature(PORT_RESET) in section 11.24.2.13;
>> the request is actually sent to the device's upstream hub.
>
> Mmm.  In this case, we don't have an upstream hub.  The vhci-hcd driver
> is on the host and sends URBs across the network where they're received
> by the stub driver.  The stub then sends them to the exported device.

The way I've always understood it, there is, by definition,
always an upstream hub. It's the entity controlling the port
to which the device is connected. In the case discussed here,
I guess the stub would have to play that part.

Am I wrong?

--
Tilman Schmidt                    E-Mail: tilman@...p.cc
Bonn, Germany

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (251 bytes)