Date:	Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:29:21 -0400
From:	Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu
To:	Andrew Morton <akpm@...ux-foundation.org>,
	Frank Mayhar <fmayhar@...gle.com>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: 2.6.27-rc6-mmotm0913 build error - suspect itimers-fix-itimer-many-thread-hang.patch

Trying to build rc6-mmotm0913 dies:

  CC      security/selinux/hooks.o
security/selinux/hooks.c: In function ‘selinux_bprm_committing_creds’:
security/selinux/hooks.c:2325: error: ‘struct task_struct’ has no member named ‘it_prof_expires’
make[2]: *** [security/selinux/hooks.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [security/selinux] Error 2
make: *** [security] Error 2

I suspect that itimers-fix-itimer-many-thread-hang.patch has a merge issue
against linux-next.patch, causing selinux_bprm_commiting_creds to be missing
an update.  The code as it appears in my tree (end of that function
in security/selinux/hooks.c):

       if (rc) {
                for (i = 0; i < RLIM_NLIMITS; i++) {
                        rlim = current->signal->rlim + i;
                        initrlim = init_task.signal->rlim+i;
                        rlim->rlim_cur = min(rlim->rlim_max, initrlim->rlim_cur);
                }

                if (current->signal->rlim[RLIMIT_CPU].rlim_cur != RLIM_INFINITY) {
                        /*
                         * This will cause RLIMIT_CPU calculations to be
                         * refigured.
                         */
                        current->it_prof_expires = jiffies_to_cputime(1);
                }
        }
}

Looks like that current->it_prof_expires should be something else, but the
linux-next.patch update for hooks.c is such a train wreck that I can't
figure out what's going on or what *should* be going on?

(After the 2 build errors I reported, plus hitting the CONFIG_DEBUG_MUTEXES
glitch that Kosaki Motohiro reported, I gave up - if the fix for this one
is obvious, I'll see what *else* I can break before the next -mmotm drops.. ;)