Date:	Thu, 18 Sep 2008 17:23:58 +1000
From:	Grant Coady <grant_lkml@...o.com.au>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Query: is there an official location for jiffies per second value?

Hi there,

I found I can get jiffies per second with this on one box:

grant@...tree:~$ uname -r
2.6.26.5a

grant@...tree:~$ awk 'FNR==NR{up=$1};/^jiffies:/{print up, $2, $2/up}' \
	/proc/uptime /proc/timer_list
420389.04 126026727 299.786

But this value is very different on another box:

grant@...h64:~$ uname -r
2.6.26.5a

grant@...h64:~$ awk 'FNR==NR{up=$1}/^jiffies:/{print up, $2, $2/up}' \
	/proc/uptime /proc/timer_list
73830.36 4317026409 58472.2
73830.36 4317026409 58472.2

Is there a reliable way to determine this jiffies value across different
x86 boxes?

The 'sysconf(_SC_CLK_TCK)' doesn't return the right answer either.  It
says 100Hz when it is 300Hz.

Thanks,
Grant.