Date:	Thu, 18 Sep 2008 00:42:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:	Martin Knoblauch <knobi@...bisoft.de>
To:	Andrew Morton <akpm@...ux-foundation.org>,
	Greg Banks <gnb@...bourne.sgi.com>
Cc:	linux-nfs list <linux-nfs@...r.kernel.org>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [RFC][Resend] Make NFS-Client readahead tunable

----- Original Message ----

[root@...dm52 ~]# mount -o remount,readahead=42 /net/spsdms/fs13
Bad nfs mount parameter: readahead
[root@...dm52 ~]# mount -o readahead=42 /net/spsdms/fs13
Bad nfs mount parameter: readahead

 I assume the reply was meant to say that the correct way of introducing a modifyable readahead size is to implement it as a mount option ? :-) I considered it, but it seems to be more intrusive than the workaround patch. It also needs changes to userspace tools - correct?

Cheers
Martin