Date:	Wed, 15 Oct 2008 15:09:55 +0200
From:	"Patrizio Bassi" <patrizio.bassi@...il.com>
To:	"Simon Holm Thøgersen" <odie@...aau.dk>
Cc:	"Kernel," <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: 2.6.27 gspca driver fails with Trust WB-1400T

2008/10/14 Patrizio Bassi <patrizio.bassi@...il.com>

> 2008/10/13 Simon Holm Thøgersen <odie@...aau.dk>
> >
> > man, 13 10 2008 kl. 22:19 +0200, skrev Patrizio Bassi:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > i have a Trust 1400T perfectly working on 2.6.26 using external module
> > > (media-video/gspcav1-20071224 is the gentoo version so it's that day
> > > snapshot.)
> > >
> > > Upgrading to 2.6.27 kernel, using integrated kernel driver
> > >
> > Does the following text explain it (imagine the text being at the front
> > page of [2])?
> >
> > "Historically, there has been a number of different projects ([1], ...),
> > providing v4l drivers outside of the mainline Linux kernel. If you are
> > migrating from drivers by such projects, you might need to know a few
> > things. The drivers provided by this project do not do various color
> > conversion routines in the kernel, but in a userspace library that we
> > also provide [3].
> >
> > This means that programs that use v4l and v4l2 must either be
> >  - able to do the necessary color conversion themselves,
> >  - link against our userspace library that provides these
> >   conversions, or
> >  - be loaded using an appropriately set LD_PRELOAD environment
> >   variable."
> >
> > [1] http://mxhaard.free.fr/
> > [2] http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Main_Page
> > [3] http://linuxtv.org/hg/~hgoede/v4l-dvb
> >

> > Simon Holm Thøgersen
> >

> ok, it sounds i need to read some wikis...i'll come back to you when
> i'm done with the result

Hi Simon,

with the v4llib it looks much better, even if colors are not real as before.
I think i need to tune it a little bit.

In the driver homepage it seems they suggest to continue using the old
driver with kernelspace decode for desktop or fast machines, but
unfortunatly it doesn't even compile with 2.6.27.

--
Patrizio Bassi
www.patriziobassi.it