Date:	Wed, 5 Nov 2008 21:41:58 +0100
From:	Frans Pop <elendil@...net.nl>
To:	Arjan van de Ven <arjan@...ux.intel.com>
Cc:	Bernhard Schmidt <berni@...kenwald.de>,
	Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@...ian.org>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	"Carlos R. Mafra" <crmafra2@...il.com>,
	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>,
	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>
Subject: Re: Long delays and keystrokes required - related to disk	encryption?

On Wednesday 05 November 2008, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> one request to the folks on the mail who know it's fixed by the return;
> can you send me your .config and dmesg and name of the machine?

System is HP 2510p notebook. Kernel is x86_64; userland is Debian Lenny,
the amd64 architecture.

Config and dmesg (for "broken" boot) attached.

> I'm failing to reproduce and would like to get as exactly the same as
> you guys as possible...

I think duplicating the encrypted LVM setup is probably more important
than the exact config.

My system was set up the same way as Yves-Alexis': using the "LUKS
encrypted LVM" support in Debian Installer. When "guided partitioning" is
used, it will use the whole disk, but it's fairly easy to create the same
setup using manual partitioning using only 2GB or so of disk space.

If you need any help with that, please let me know (I'm one of the
developers of Debian Installer).

Cheers,
FJP

View attachment "dmesg.2.6.28-rc3" of type "text/plain" (32213 bytes)

View attachment "config" of type "text/plain" (65305 bytes)