Date:	Mon, 10 Nov 2008 21:56:08 +0000
From:	"Altobelli, David" <david.altobelli@...com>
To:	"linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org" <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Disabling hpilo (see: sharing interrupt between PCI device)

I stumbled across this message, unfortunately I don't have the original to respond to.

http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/11/10/41

The problem mentioned, that unloading hpilo causes the iLO IRC kbd/mouse (uchi_hcd) to become non-functional, is not an IRQ issue.

iLO function 2 (hpilo) shares some global resources with function 4 (uhci_hcd), and when hpilo calls pci_disable_device(), the removal of busmastering (PCI_COMMAND_MASTER) means that the IRC kdb/mouse can't do what it needs to do.  Reloading hpilo will allow the IRC kdb/mouse to function correctly.

I've been struggling with what to do about this, removing the pci_disable_device() from hpilo will "fix" the problem, but that is clearly a hack.