Date:	Mon, 24 Nov 2008 20:10:47 +0100
From:	"Frédéric Weisbecker" <fweisbec@...il.com>
To:	"Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo" <acme@...hat.com>,
	"Frédéric Weisbecker" <fweisbec@...il.com>,
	"Ingo Molnar" <mingo@...e.hu>,
	"Steven Rostedt" <rostedt@...dmis.org>,
	"Linux Kernel" <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Human readable output for function return tracer

2008/11/24 Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@...hat.com>:
> I do something like that in my ctracer tool[1], take a look at one of
> the callgraphs:
>
> http://oops.ghostprotocols.net:81/ostra/dccp/tx/

Oh yes, that's what I would see as an end result. Except that it would be more
easy for me to have the time of execution on the left (I don't need the time
they are called since it's just a cost measure).

> I.e. the leaf functions doesn't use {}

I guess I could avoid it too..

> On ctracer I didn't had this problem as I don't trace all functions,
> just the ones that receive as one of its parameters a pointer to the
> desired struct, and this pointer is present in all the trace buffer
> entries,

How do you do this tracing by only passing a structure?

> so as part of postprocessing it separates the callgraphs per
> object.

I would like to separate the callgraph per thread. I'm not sure how. Perhaps
by only drawing a simple