Date:	Tue, 9 Dec 2008 13:47:56 -0800 (PST)
From:	Dennis Hardy <dhardy@...etthis.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: CIFS regression in 2.6.27.8

> I tried it on both i386 and x86_64 and had no problems. Is this client
> non-x86 by any chance?

Curious...my kernel is CONFIG_X86_32=y and CONFIG_X86=y, CONFIG_MK6=y.

Perhaps this could be an issue with the Windows Server side (Windows Home
Server, latest Windows SPs, etc.)  Maybe MSFT introduced some "improvement"
in a recent update that caused an incompatibility of some sort.  I can try
mounting some other Windows machines via CIFS from the 2.6.27.8 end and see
what happens, plus boot back to 2.6.27.6 and compare.