Date:	Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:15:50 +0100
From:	"Zdenek Kabelac" <zdenek.kabelac@...il.com>
Subject: Perfomance governor is still changing frequency

Hi

I'm noticing strange behavior on my T61.

When I select performance governor  for my CPU I still get occasional
drop on CPU frequency from 2.2.GHz to 800MHz.

I'm attaching my .config file.

How it could happen that perfomance is actually able to change
frequency from it's highest mode - is it because of some overheating ?
(It usually happens when I run   make -j2 -  even just for a minute -
it suddenly start to drop the CPU to lowest clock rate -
imho I think the machine is quite calm to be 'overheated')

What other debug info is needed ?

affected_cpus
0 1
cpuinfo_cur_freq
2201000
cpuinfo_max_freq
2201000
cpuinfo_min_freq
800000
related_cpus
0 1
scaling_available_frequencies
2201000 2200000 1600000 1200000 800000
scaling_available_governors
ondemand performance
scaling_cur_freq
2201000
scaling_driver
acpi-cpufreq
scaling_governor
performance
scaling_max_freq
2201000
scaling_min_freq
800000
scaling_setspeed
<unsupported>

 stats/time_in_state
2201000 331831
2200000 2876
1600000 1739
1200000 3398
800000 512768

(btw why do I have two states  - 2201000 and 2200000 ??)

Zdenek

Download attachment ".config" of type "application/octet-stream" (68418 bytes)