Date:	Thu, 25 Dec 2008 16:14:36 +0100
From:	Michael Roth <mroth@...sie.de>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Funny problem with 2.6.28: Kernel stalls

Just tried 2.6.28 and had the following (funny) problem:

The kernel stalled reapetly and inordinate starting with executing the
initrd programms. The time between stalls vary from about 3 seconds to
30 seconds.

During the stall, even the cursor on the console stops blinking.

The funny part: If I hit any key (on the keyboard connected by USB) the
kernel resumes to normal work until the next stall.

There are no warnings on the console nor messages in the syslog. I'm
able to reboot normally (I have to repeatedly hit any key to break the
stalls).

My .config is attached, maybe it's my fault. GCC is 4.2.4, CPU is AMD
Athlon(tm) XP, Board is about 5 years old. kernel 2.6.27.7 works without
any problems.

Michael Roth

View attachment "config" of type "text/plain" (53932 bytes)