Date:	Mon, 29 Dec 2008 17:01:51 +0700
From:	"Igor Podlesny" <for.poige+linux@...il.com>
To:	"Christoph Hellwig" <hch@...radead.org>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, xfs@....sgi.com
Subject: Re: Hi! I've noticed that kernel.org advertises 2.6.28 as "The latest stable version of the Linux kernel is".

2008/12/29 Christoph Hellwig <hch@...radead.org>:
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 12:39:55PM +0700, Igor Podlesny wrote:
>> -- Copying several rather big files (~ 25--45 GiB) from XFS on LVM-2
>> on MDraid partition to another one, I had the system rebooted both
>> with 2.6.28 and 2.6.27.10 (accomplished using 2.6.24.7-rt(sic!)25). As
>> you probably understand, that's the case you even can't trace where's
>> the problem, at least on a desktop with GUI, not on server with plain
>> text display. Although, I'm afraid even text display wouldn't had a
>> chance to show anything, tracing that problem.
>
> You don't have 4K_STACKs enabled by default, do you?

	x86_64, so it's not applicable.

	I see you've included XFS guys, but that's hard to guess which
sub-system is related to that crash, cause it's a stacked construction
XFS/LVM-2/Linux Software RAID/sata_nv. Also, I've found there were
some complaints bout netfilter's ipt_recent, which I was using, so
I've decided to turn it off and see.

> And instead of these rants bug reports would be more useful.

	Yeah, I'll try to get backtraces, using null-modem cable, but alas, I
don't have it yet. Nowadays it's not a thing easy to buy at a computer
store. Also, my message (feedback) was written due to concerns bout
quality degradation I saw. May be I was mistaken or not, but I felt
it's better to talk about it to people who really cared and knew.

--
End of message. Next message?