Date:	Sat, 10 Jan 2009 18:56:21 +0100
From:	Carsten Menke <bootsy52@....net>
To:	Russell Cattelan <cattelan@...barn.com>
	xfs-oss <xfs@....sgi.com>
Subject: Re: XFS: xfs_trans_cancel Filesystem shutdown

Russell Cattelan wrote:

> cc the xfs list.
>
> Since you have wiped the file system it is going to be hard to get to
> the bottom of th issue.
> It looks like you hit two different issues here, one is a shutdown and
> one look like a deadlock?
>

> In the future it would be helpful to xfs_metadump the file system and
> then file a bug and attach the metadump image.

Yes, I know, I have seen this after I created the new filesystem while further
searching the net for possible causes of this, that a xfs_metadump is most of
the time needed to debug this. But as this is a production system the system had
to go online again as soon as possible, so I just decided
to share the information I've got afterwards. The next time I will do the
xfs_metadump (but then, I hope also that I won't be hit by the problem once again).

Regards

Carsten

--
"There are two major products that came out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
   We don't believe this to be a coincidence." --Jeremy S. Anderson