Date:	Tue, 20 Jan 2009 16:50:00 +0100
From:	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>
To:	Nick Piggin <npiggin@...e.de>
	steiner@....com
Subject: Re: [patch] x86: make UV support configurable

* Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu> wrote:

> * Nick Piggin <npiggin@...e.de> wrote:
>
> > Fixed the EFI omission since the last patch. I have not changed the
> > Kconfig to include (what I think are) false dependencies (which really
> > frustrate me when things get badly tangled up). If people want to test
> > as much stuff as possible even that is not supported by their hardware,
> > we have allyesconfig/allmodconfig. I don't think UV is particularly
> > special in that respect (we allow Intel, AMD, etc CPUs to be configured
> > out)
> >
> > If anything, X86_UV should *select* MAXSMP, rather than the other way
> > around. That would be more logical, but even then I don't like adding
> > still a false dep because one might have a small UV system, or want to
> > test with different NR_CPUS.
> >
> > Anyway, I think this patch is good as-is. If someone wants to streamline
> > config options with subsequent patches, that's great. If Ingo can be
> > convinced of a better arrangement, fine.
>
> Applied to tip/x86/uv, thanks Nick!

hm, build failure with the attached config:

drivers/built-in.o: In function `gru_cpu_fault_map_id':
: undefined reference to `per_cpu____uv_hub_info'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `gru_fault':
: undefined reference to `per_cpu____uv_hub_info'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `gru_try_dropin':
grufault.c:(.text+0xbfc6e): undefined reference to
`per_cpu____uv_hub_info'
grufault.c:(.text+0xc0042): undefined reference to
`per_cpu____uv_hub_info'
[...]

(if possible please send a delta fix on top of your previous patch.)

	Ingo

View attachment "config" of type "text/plain" (76338 bytes)