Date:	Wed, 25 Feb 2009 20:30:12 +0100
From:	Eric Valette <eric.valette@...e.fr>
To:	Dave Airlie <airlied@...il.com>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Some user feedback on recent Intel chipset and 2.6.29 KMS

Eric Valette wrote:
>> Dave Airlie wrote:
>>> See if the attached patch helps resume, there are also some other patches
>>> queued for Linus in my drm-fixes tree. I sent the pull req earlier.
>>>
>> Thanks for the quick anwser.
>>
>> I will test the individual patch as soon as I get back home and report.
>
> NB: the patch by itself missed an include for the prototype of the new
> function called on resume.
>
> Once I included the relevant drm include file it greatly improved resume
> behavior: I managed to suspend at least once which has been impossible
> for months (as soon as I entered an endless "catch up run" (fuite en
> avant in french) due to a debian experimental libdrm package upgrade)).
> However, it froze at second attempt.
>
>> For the earlier pull, I will probably wait until its available in a
>> 2.6.29-rc6-gitx and report. Do you want separate reports or testing the
>> whole stuff?
>
> I saw Linus integrated it so probably tomorrow...

Well I used git to fetch only your patch. No change. This time I did not
managed to resume. Got a correct display and working mouse but windows
were not responsive and even short push power button was ineffective

> Of course the "refresh" problem is still there as the patch is only for
> resume path...

With the complete patch, it behaves the same way. I think there is still
a bug in Intel IOMMU suspend resume so maybe it is no more related to
graphic chipset.

If it serves, here is my kernel config.

-- eric

View attachment ".config" of type "text/plain" (59089 bytes)