Date:	Thu, 05 Mar 2009 10:25:04 +1100
From:	Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@...nel.crashing.org>
To:	Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>
Cc:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
	"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...k.pl>,
	Jesse Barnes <jesse.barnes@...el.com>,
	Andreas Schwab <schwab@...e.de>, Len Brown <lenb@...nel.org>,
	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>
Subject: Re: Reworking suspend-resume sequence (was: Re: PCI PM: Restore
 standard config registers of all devices early)

> As long as we claim to support cpu hotplug, suspending the cpus early
> should work. User might have unplugged the cpu manually...
>
> If something is broken in acpi, we may need to disable  cpu*/onlone on
>  affected systems.

You seem to miss some context here... it seems that ACPI mandates that
CPUs are suspended after devices and you know that we can't just start
blacklisting half of the machines out there just because we happen not
to do the same as what Windows does...

So let's be on the safe side.

Cheers,
Ben