Date:	Fri, 13 Mar 2009 18:37:55 +0000
From:	Igor Zhbanov <izh1979@...il.com>
To:	"J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@...ldses.org>
Cc:	Michael Kerrisk <mtk.manpages@...il.com>,
	"Serge E. Hallyn" <serue@...ibm.com>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	viro@...iv.linux.org.uk, neilb@...e.de, Trond.Myklebust@...app.com,
	David Howells <dhowells@...hat.com>,
	James Morris <jmorris@...ei.org>
Subject: Ответ: VFS, NFS security bug? Should CAP_MKNOD and CAP_LINUX_IMMUTABLE be added to CAP_FS_MASK?

But ordinary users can't create devices. It seems to me that in time
of implementation of capabilities in kernel 2.4, capabilities related
to filesystem was added first. And mark for them contains all above in
header file. And when CAP_MKNOD was added later, author just forget to
update mask.

If mask was designed to drop all filesystem related capabilities, then
it must be expanded, because ordinary users cannot create devices etc.