Date:	Mon, 13 Apr 2009 08:18:03 -0700
From:	Justin Mattock <justinmattock@...il.com>
To:	Takashi Iwai <tiwai@...e.de>
Cc:	Clemens Ladisch <clemens@...isch.de>,
	"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...k.pl>,
	alsa-devel@...a-project.org
Subject: Re: no sound with the new imac

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 6:36 AM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@...e.de> wrote:
> At Wed, 8 Apr 2009 08:58:34 -0700,
> Justin Mattock wrote:

>> > alsa-devel (Takashi is on vacation until after the Easter weekend).

>> > What kernel version are you using?  Are there any messages in the
>> > system log when you load the snd-hda-intel driver?  What model do you
>> > mean with "the new imac"?  What are the contents of
>> > /proc/asound/card0/codec#0?
>> >

>> > Best regards,
>> > Clemens
>> >

>> sh^t
>> forgot about easter.
>> anyways(just another day to me)
>>
>> As for when I mean new imac, I mean
>> the new update that took place a few weeks ago.
>> here is cat /proc/asound/*
>> dmesg,lspci  is in the file imacinfo.
>> attached.
>
> Thanks.  The best would be the result of alsa-info.sh script.
> Get it from
>    http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-info.sh
> and run it with --no-upload option, then attach the generated file.
>
> As another information, check $LINUX/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio.txt
> (appearing from 2.6.29).  It contains some details about the HD audio
> driver implementation and give a few debug hints.
>

> Takashi

O.K.
I must admit, I'm crying to my mommy on this one!!
Anyways So far I've taken the imac91 patch as a template, and tried
to just move the numbers around(but still am missing things).
Attached is alsa-info.txt generated by the script.

when running the script I receive some errors:

Do you want to run this script? [y/n] : y
cat: /proc/asound/modules: No such file or directory
ls: cannot access /dev/snd/*: No such file or directory
/usr/sbin/alsactl: save_state:1502: No soundcards found...
cat: /tmp/alsa-info.gzrebn0ykD/alsactl.tmp: No such file or directory

but there was some info with alsa-info.txt.
As soon as I get some time I'll try and look,
to see If I can connect the dots.

As for enjoying the music itself
(not so bad using the ipod/iphone,
until that is I get a longer cable for the headphones,
This way I'm not so close to the screen.)

regards,
and I apologize for being impatient.

--
Justin P. Mattock

View attachment "alsa-info.txt" of type "text/plain" (72590 bytes)