Date:	Tue, 21 Apr 2009 15:31:50 -0700
From:	"Luck, Tony" <tony.luck@...el.com>
To:	Pekka Enberg <penberg@...helsinki.fi>
CC:	Christoph Lameter <cl@...ux.com>, Nick Piggin <npiggin@...e.de>,
	"randy.dunlap@...cle.com" <randy.dunlap@...cle.com>,
	Paul Mundt <lethal@...ux-sh.org>,
	"iwamatsu.nobuhiro@...esas.com" <iwamatsu.nobuhiro@...esas.com>
Subject: RE: linux-next ia64 build problems in slqb

> > I'm trying to check whether http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/4/20/30
> > fixes things.  It certainly solves the complilation problem,
> > but I'm running into apparently unrelated issues trying to
> > boot linux-next kernels.

My unrelated issue was the new default for CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED
(since my test machine does have an old distribution, this change
upset my old udev tools and I ended up with no /dev/root :-( )

Turning that back on, the CONFIG_SLQB=y version booted with no
obvious problems.

> Great! You can try it on top of the "topic/slqb/core" branch of
>
>  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/penberg/slab-2.6.git
>
> if you want. It's basically plain 2.6.30-rc1 plus SLQB.

Since I got linux-next up & running, I didn't need to try this.

> One minor nit: the patch should define an empty static inline of
> claim_remote_free_list() for the !SMP case. I can fix it at my end
> before merging, though, if necessary.

Agreed.  It would be better to have an empty static inline than
adding the noisy #ifdef SMP around every call to
claim_remote_free_list() ... in fact some such #ifdef can be
removed.

You could tag such a modified patch (attached) as:

Acked-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@...el.com>

-Tony

Download attachment "fix-slqb-numa-up-build.patch" of type "application/octet-stream" (2283 bytes)