Date:	Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:12:13 -0700
From:	Garrett D'Amore <garrett@...ore.org>
To:	Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@...il.com>
CC:	Robert Hancock <hancockrwd@...il.com>, pierre@...man.eu,
	sdhci-devel@...ts.ossman.eu,
	linux-kernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [Sdhci-devel] SDHCI driver runnining in aspire one, allows to
 write to R/O SD cards

As an extra data point, my sdhost driver in OpenSolaris works fine on
the AA1.. it does see that the cards are locked, and refuses to allow
them to be mounted read/write.

This leads me to believe that the original linux problem is one of two
things:

* either a bug in the linux code, or
* busted circuit/hardware on a specific unit (i.e. a damaged unit)

I believe that if the Linux code was buggy here, the problem would be
reproducible on all platforms, not just the AA1.  So my inclination,
barring independent confirmation, is that most likely there are one ore
more defective units out there.

Note that the AA1 also has buggy BIOS -- OpenSolaris can't "see" the
cards (registers aren't properly initialized) unless they are present
when the unit first powers up.

    -- Garrett