Date:	Fri, 22 May 2009 10:50:33 +1000
From:	Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>
To:	Frédéric Weisbecker <fweisbec@...il.com>
Cc:	Reiserfs <reiserfs-devel@...r.kernel.org>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@...e.com>,
	Chris Mason <chris.mason@...cle.com>,
	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>,
	Alexander Beregalov <a.beregalov@...il.com>,
	Al Viro <viro@...iv.linux.org.uk>
Subject: Re: kill-the-bkl/reiserfs: request for linux-next inclusion

Hi Frédéric,

On Thu, 21 May 2009 01:40:57 +0200 Frédéric Weisbecker <fweisbec@...il.com> wrote:

> I guess Al is traveling or something.
>
> Until it finds its way to the VFS tree, it would be nice if this
> reiserfs bkl removal tree could be included in linux-next
> for testing.
> Could you please include it ?
>
> You can pull from:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/frederic/random-tracing.git
> reiserfs/kill-bkl-rc6

I have included this tree from today.

What I tell everyone: all patches/commits in the tree/series must
have been:

	posted to a relevant mailing list
	reviewed
	unit tested
	destined for the next merge window (or the current release)

*before* they are included.  The linux-next tree is for integration
testing and to lower the impact of conflicts between subsystems in the
next merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@...b.auug.org.au