Date:	Mon, 1 Jun 2009 13:38:37 -0500
From:	"Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto" <saaguirre@...com>
To:	"Paulraj, Sandeep" <s-paulraj@...com>,
	"linux-media@...r.kernel.org" <linux-media@...r.kernel.org>
CC:	"linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org" <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	"Grosen, Mark" <mgrosen@...com>
Subject: RE: New Driver for DaVinci DM355/DM365/DM6446

This also exists in OMAP3 chips, and is part of the ISP module.

I maintain, along with Sakari Ailus, a V4L2 camera driver, which is currently just shared through a gitorious repository:

http://gitorious.org/omap3camera

The way we offer an interface for the user to be able to request this statistics is with the usage of private IOCTLs declared inside the same V4L2 capturing device driver.

So, that way we have a V4L2 driver which has a private call, instead of having it separately from the capture driver.

Regards,
Sergio