Date:	Wed, 3 Jun 2009 03:44:53 +0100
From:	Matthew Garrett <mjg59@...f.ucam.org>
To:	Justin Mattock <justinmattock@...il.com>
Cc:	Zhang Rui <rui.zhang@...el.com>,
	ACPI Devel Maling List <linux-acpi@...r.kernel.org>,
Subject: Re: ACPI Exception (evregion-0422): AE_ERROR, Returned by Handler
	for [PCI_Config] [20090320]

On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 07:11:41PM -0700, Justin Mattock wrote:

> alright(Ill have to do that when I get a chance)
> As for the error message after looking into it more today
> I notice this message fired off as soon as I compiled
> and loaded the nvidia module.

It looks like the nvidia driver is triggering an evaluation of the _PS0
method on your graphics hardware. This ought to just power up your
hardware. In the process it's trying to write to PCI configuration
space, and some kind of error is being generated as a result - the debug
output doesn't obviously make it possible to work out what.

If your graphics hardware still works then it's not an issue, but
there's the possibility that this is a Linux bug which might generate
real problems in some other situation.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@...f.ucam.org