Date:	Thu, 4 Jun 2009 08:00:22 +0200
From:	Torsten Kaiser <just.for.lkml@...glemail.com>
To:	Kasper Sandberg <lkml@...anurb.dk>
Cc:	Robert Hancock <hancockrwd@...il.com>,
	SCSI development list <linux-scsi@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: sata_sil24 0000:04:00.0: DMA-API: device driver frees DMA sg list
	with different entry count [map count=13] [unmap count=10]

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 10:21 PM, Kasper Sandberg <lkml@...anurb.dk> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-06-03 at 21:30 +0200, Torsten Kaiser wrote:

>> > Please retest with a newer -rc, this patch likely fixes it:
>> >
>> > http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=5825627c9463581fd9e70f8285685889ae5bb9bb
>> >

>> Still happens with 2.6.30-rc8 (see trace at the end of the email)
>>
> <snip>
>
> Does this actually give you any problems? should I be scared to give .30
> a test?

No, other then the warning from this debug code I do not have any problems.

As I'm using Gentoo unstable this is triggered most often when I
install an upgrade to some package.
I would expect, if this really would write wrong data to the harddisk,
I would have already destroyed my system.

So while I think there is a problem somewhere that should be fixed,
I'm still using the .30 kernel for my system.

Torsten