Date:	Fri, 12 Jun 2009 02:23:04 +0100
From:	Jamie Lokier <jamie@...reable.org>
To:	Russell King - ARM Linux <linux@....linux.org.uk>
Cc:	Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@...il.com>,
	Joe Perches <joe@...ches.com>,
	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>, swetland@...gle.com,
	pavel@....cz, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-arm-kernel@...ts.arm.linux.org.uk, san@...roid.com,
	rlove@...gle.com
Subject: Re: HTC Dream aka. t-mobile g1 support

Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 06:37:21PM +0200, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
> > "No reason given" part was just lovely..
> >
> > After getting a couple of such messages I decided to stay as far away from
> > linux-arm-kernel list as possible..
> >
> > Before interacting with linux-arm-kernel list I really thought that people
> > exaggerated the issue and that their complains were unfounded..
>
> I wish people told me about this - it's certainly not my policy nor
> indeed the policy which should be applied to the list.  I'll find out
> what's going on when my co-list admin returns from his vacation.
>
> Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Before I subscribed to linux-arm-kernel, I had quite a few moderation
messages just because I responded to threads which included
linux-arm-kernel in the addresses, but were cross-posted (by others)
to say linux-kernel, uclinux-dev or linux-embedded.

I got moderation messages, and found them slightly annoying because
I'd put effort into my replies, and presumed that some people involved
in the thread wouldn't see them.  Possibly the important people.

That's the main reason I subscribed to linux-arm-kernel - just so I
know people can see replies to threads that I'm responding to on other
lists.

I do actually work on ARM kernels too, so don't unsubscribe me for that :-)

When I did subscribe to linux-arm-kernel, I got a message telling me I
was being considered...  Months went by, and it didn't subscribe me.
That was annoying.  I presumed I'd been rejected.

I tried again a few months later, and this time the subscription
approval process was relatively quick at a week or so.  I was
beginning to think I'd be silently rejected again, therefore delighted
to be counted among the Special Ones allowed to subscribe :-)

Other Linux mailing lists subscribe quickly with an automated
confirmation process, which is more useful.

-- Jamie