Date:	Fri, 12 Jun 2009 08:48:20 +0200
From:	Borislav Petkov <petkovbb@...glemail.com>
To:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
Cc:	Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@...cle.com>, Tejun Heo <tj@...nel.org>,
	Steven Rostedt <srostedt@...hat.com>,
	Li Zefan <lizf@...fujitsu.com>,
	Linux Kernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] first block round for 2.6.31

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 11:18:41AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> The ide-tape.c changes also need some expert tender loving checks. I
> neither know the code, nor have the hardware to check my fixups.

Yep, this is the result of the slimming exercise and diet pills we've
put ide-tape on because it'd grown obese over the years and it had its
own contraptions for buffer and pipeline handling which were clearly too
much. It had to be taught to behave just like every other ATAPI device
driver.

But seriously, I'm testing ide-atapi stuff regularly and I'll take a
look at the merge result during the weekend just to make sure everything
went fine.

> Almost
> all the changes are actually by the same person - it's almost all Tejun's
> code (and mostly the same patches), just coming in through two different
> trees. Not very nice.

I think this was a one-time-thing only since it required syncing between
at least three trees so it is possible that somewhere along the way
things clash. It'll probably happen again when someone decides to change
block layer/LLDDs interface again but those are very seldom, I hope, for
the sake of everybody involved :).

--
Regards/Gruss,
    Boris.