Date:	Tue, 07 Jul 2009 01:05:27 +0200
From:	Daniel Mierswa <impulze@...ulze.org>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [RFC] Re: Parsing kernel parameters and escaping "

Daniel Mierswa wrote:
> As stated in my last E-Mail in this thread there are currently some
> limitations when passing quotes to kernel parameters, I tried to remove
> some of those limitations. A git fp is attached.
>
> (from the commit message):
>> There was a limitation for kernel parameters with regards to quoting. It
>> wasn't possible to escape quotes or use quotes to form space-filled
>> values _inside_ parameters. This patch attempts to make that possible,
>> kernel parameters are now parsed as follows:
>> '"param= value"' [param= value][]
>> 'param=" value "" combination "' [param][ value  combination ]
>> 'param=" \" test"' [param][ " test]
>> '"param"=another' [param][another]
>
> Any suggestions welcome. Please be kind, as I'm not too familar with
> writing parsers, kernel development and what I may have broke. :-)

Great I forgot the patch, here it is now.

--
Mierswa, Daniel

If you still don't like it, that's ok: that's why I'm boss. I simply
know better than you do.
               --- Linus Torvalds, comp.os.linux.advocacy, 1996/07/22

View attachment "kernel.patch" of type "text/plain" (4025 bytes)

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (199 bytes)