Date:	Thu, 09 Jul 2009 20:17:48 +0200
From:	Christof Warlich <christof@...lich.name>
To:	Tejun Heo <htejun@...il.com>
CC:	Robert Hancock <hancockrwd@...il.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, ide <linux-ide@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: "EXT3-fs error" after resume from s2ram

Tejun Heo schrieb:
> Tejun Heo wrote:
>
>> One thing we can do is to make libata remember the native size on
>> initial probing and let revalidation consider it.  Yeap, that would
>> work.  Can you please test the attached patch and post full log
>> including boot and suspend/resume?
>>

> Patch slightly updated.  Please test this one.

Hi Tejun, Robert,

hey, great: Suspend to ram seems to work like a charm now! Many thanks
to Robert for taking the time to identify the root cause and to Tejun
for providing the patch.

I've attached both boot and suspend / resume messages from
/var/log/kern.log, just let me know if I can do anything else to
help getting the patch into an official kernel release. Furthermore, I
would be happy to be kept posted on the progress being made regarding this.

Just one clarification: From what I understood so far, it will be
impossible to ever utilize the full disk capacity as long as the BIOS
applies the HPA on boot, right?

Cheers,

Christof

View attachment "boot.log" of type "text/x-log" (56944 bytes)

View attachment "susp_resume.log" of type "text/x-log" (22080 bytes)