Date:	Thu, 09 Jul 2009 13:53:38 +0900
From:	OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@...l.parknet.co.jp>
To:	Alan Cox <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Cc:	James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@...senPartnership.com>,
	tridge@...ba.org, Martin Steigerwald <Martin@...htvoll.de>,
	Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@...ozas.de>,
	Theodore Tso <tytso@....edu>,
	Rusty Russell <rusty@...tcorp.com.au>,
	Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>, john.lanza@...ux.com,
	linux-fsdevel@...r.kernel.org,
	Dave Kleikamp <shaggy@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>, corbet@....net,
	jcm@...masters.org
Subject: Re: CONFIG_VFAT_FS_DUALNAMES regressions

Alan Cox <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk> writes:

> Sure and I'd say the technical issues are simple
>
> - Tridge's patch breaks stuff
> - Tridge's patch masquerades as vfat but isn't.
>
> We can fix those by only creating short names (but honouring existing
> long ones) and by not claiming its vfat.

As technical stand, I agree with this approach. And my poor brain can't
consider other than technical thing, it is purely my problem though. So
I'll try to create the patch based on first version, and I'll apply it
instead.

And could you please stop talking about other than technical issues? My
poor brain is already overflowed.

I'm a fool?  Yes, I agree.

Thanks.
--