Date:	Tue, 04 Aug 2009 08:48:00 +0800
From:	Gui Jianfeng <guijianfeng@...fujitsu.com>
To:	Vivek Goyal <vgoyal@...hat.com>
CC:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	containers@...ts.linux-foundation.org, dm-devel@...hat.com,
	jens.axboe@...cle.com, nauman@...gle.com, dpshah@...gle.com,
	ryov@...inux.co.jp, balbir@...ux.vnet.ibm.com,
	righi.andrea@...il.com, lizf@...fujitsu.com, mikew@...gle.com,
	fchecconi@...il.com, paolo.valente@...more.it,
	fernando@....ntt.co.jp, s-uchida@...jp.nec.com, taka@...inux.co.jp,
	jmoyer@...hat.com, dhaval@...ux.vnet.ibm.com,
	m-ikeda@...jp.nec.com, agk@...hat.com, akpm@...ux-foundation.org,
	peterz@...radead.org
Subject: Re: [RFC] IO scheduler based IO controller V7

Vivek, Here are some test results with and without CONFIG_TRACK_ASYNC_CONTEXT for V7

Mode                            Normal read   |   Random read   |   Normal write   |   Random write  |  Direct read  |  Direct Write

CONFIG_TRACK_ASYNC_CONTEXT=y    70,540KiB/s       3,551KiB/s        64,548KiB/s        9,677KiB/s       53,530KiB/s     54,145KiB/s

CONFIG_TRACK_ASYNC_CONTEXT=n    71,082KiB/s       3,564KiB/s        66,720KiB/s        9,887KiB/s       51,401KiB/s     55,210KiB/s

Performance                     +0.7%             +0.3%             +3.3%              +2.1%            -4.0%           +2.0%

--
Regards
Gui Jianfeng