Date:	Tue, 18 Aug 2009 21:53:51 +0100
From:	Christian Roche <christian.roche.fr@...il.com>
To:	Greg KH <greg@...ah.com>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Oops: sysfs: duplicate filename 'usbdev3.3_ep81' can not be
	created

>> I just installed a 2.6.30 kernel:
>>
>> > uname -a
>> Linux jimi 2.6.30.5-32.fc11.i586 #1 SMP Mon Aug 17 16:21:07 EDT 2009
>> i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>>
>> but it looks like I still have the pb. Below is what happens after the
>> modeswitch, and the output of lsusb.
>
> It's harmless, only a warning, but I thought it really was fixed.  Oh
> well, how about the 2.6.31-rc6 kernel?

Hi again Greg,

can I test again a 2.6.31 kernel with Fedora 11 ?  I don't find any
build in this series on koji. Or should I try to compile it on my own
? ( argh! :-(  I haven't done that in a long time)

Besides is this message really only a harmless warning ? I'm unable to
have the USB modem work on linux, and I thought this was due to this
pb. However if you say this is really only a warning then I should
look for another cause.

In particular I get the following error :
> setserial /dev/ttyACM0
/dev/ttyACM0: Input/output error

and similarly ttyACM0 (or ACM1, ACM2, which are created by the USB
key) cannot be accessed with minicom, wvdial, etc. Do you have an idea
what could be the culprit here ?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Chris