Date:	Thu, 27 Aug 2009 17:38:39 +0900
From:	Tejun Heo <tj@...nel.org>
To:	Tim Blechmann <tim@...ngt.org>
CC:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, linux-ide@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: 2.6.31-rc5 regression: hd don't show up

Tim Blechmann wrote:

>>> i have two files attached:
>>> - dmesg_good - all hds are available
>>> - dmesg_bad - on hd is missing
>> Can you please apply the attached patch and post the bad boot log?
>
> attached you find boot logs for both a good ad a bad boot

Sorry about the long delay.  I somehow marked the message read without
actually reading it.

I suspected the problem was with getting the wrong classification code
or phantom device detection kicking in spuriously.  Looks like the
problem happens way before that.  Can you please apply the attached
patch and report the result?

Thanks.

--
tejun

View attachment "nodev-debug.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (3474 bytes)