Date:	Sat, 5 Sep 2009 15:59:11 +0200
From:	Wolfram Sang <w.sang@...gutronix.de>
To:	Christian Krämer <christian@...emer-eu.de>
Cc:	linux-pcmcia@...ts.infradead.org, Frans Pop <elendil@...net.nl>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: yenta_socket: PCMCIA-Cards are not recognised by kernel

> For this laptop at all there are a lot of problems with newer linux kernels.
> Some people got it working with serveral hacks in the config file of the
> pcmcia_cs suite, but all those tips only fit with pcmcia_cs and so to the
> 2.4 kernel. If you're interessted in those sources, i could search the URLs
> again in my browser history.

Yes, maybe those explain the problem; that would definately help ;)

> Maybe it also relevant what I read on a german bsd-board. In FreeBSD 4.10 it
> worked perfectly on this laptop, but since 4.11 the slots won't get an
> interrupt assigned. I don't now very much about hardware and driver
> development, but I'am sure that it has to do something with the assigned
> ressources (and maybe with the interrupt).

Well, the PCI config space (which lspci needs) should be visible without an
assigned IRQ.

Regards,

   Wolfram

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (198 bytes)